Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh Smoky Mountain Pizza...

Ever since Johannes and I moved to Moscow and discovered that there was a Smoky Mountain Pizza restaurant, we set a goal. Our goal was to get a job and get paid and with our first pay check we would reward ourselves with a dinner at Smoky Mountain. Johannes got his first paycheck from Rite Aid on Friday and so Saturday evening we enjoyed our prize to the fullest! The wait was completely worth it and made the meal taste even better knowing that we've worked hard for it. And for those of you who have not experienced Smoky Mountain Pizza, I urge you to come visit and we'll take you there.

On another note, since I have not updated the blog recently, I also have started my new job. I've officially worked 8 days now at the University of Idaho's Parking and Transportation Department. My job title is "Customer Service Specialist" and I help visitors get visitor parking permits and deal with angry people about the tickets they got. I might not always deal with the happiest customers but my hours are great and I will always have the weekends off. And Johannes had a call back after his job interview at the University of a job in the mail room. He went back in and filled out a background check and hopefully once that comes back he'll find out more details about the job and when he can start.

Last week on Thursday we attended our first "Village" gathering. The church we attend have weekly groups that meet and fellowship over dinner and then discuss Sunday's message in a group setting. It was pretty awesome and we met a lot of people. Needless to say Johannes and I are extremely excited about going back! Here's a link to the churches website: http://experienceresonate.com/

No comments: