I handpicked you out individually
carefully inspecting all around
purchased and stored you
delicately I peeled your skin off
then sliced you into pieces
I prepared boiling water
to which you met your fate
after 20 minutes you were soften
drained and cooled until the time was right
broth, onions and assorted ingredients mixed
to make that perfect taste
pour over the prepared potatoes for final completion
finished and ready to store to the desired temperature
I open the refrigerator
the shelf was your destination
but instead...
you ended up all over the refrigerator door
and slid down to the floor
un-salvageable
no longer able to meet your destiny
the garbage disposal became your doom
goodbye German Potato Salad
3 comments:
So much for being Domestic!
Oooh so sad!
My mouth was all watering for it and then I got so disappointed!
I did debate for one second about scooping it up and mixing it back in but my conscience wouldn't let me. Especially since it was for a work BBQ. I don't think I could have come up with a good excuse for a crunchy gritty feel from the dirt on the floor. Next time I'm going for the bowl with a lid.
Post a Comment