Friday, October 16, 2009

Where do I go for my refund?

Yesterday we finally had nice fall weather. Somehow over the last two weeks it bypassed fall and went straight to winter. I am happy to announce that Friday was and this whole weekend is supposed to be nice and actually feel like fall. It's about time.

However, due to the cold temps all the leaves withered up and died on the trees because of the frost. So now instead of pretty fall colors we've got dead brown leaves stuck on all the trees. Not to mention the apple orchard is closed because their apples all died from the low temps. Talk about getting ripped off.

I feel a bit jipped of my fall weather. I want a refund.

We did however find the mysterious bouldering rocks off Lenville road. (the first time we drove for an hour and ended up in Genesee) So it was pretty awesome to find them and then to bushwhack up the hill to check out these rocks. Yet after putting on our rock climbing shoes on a steep hillside, we quickly discovered that the overhangs were a bit out of our league for starting out. Does it count if we touched the rocks with all fours?

Our next attempt at finding bouldering rocks will be up at Moscow Mountain...stay tuned for our adventures.

For those of you outside of the loop (and by "the loop" I mean my parents and siblings and anyone connected to that grapevine...you know who you are...), I have only one week (or more pleasantly sounding - 5 days) left working at U of I's parking office. I have taken a receptionist position at the local doctor's office and will be starting the 26th! Which is pretty exciting because it will be full time (a guaranteed 40 hours a week) and includes stellar benefits. Please keep me in your prayers as I start this new journey.

No comments: